Click on the links below to find out more
- Ready assembled furniture
- Short of time or not very confident at DIY? Why not try our ready assembledfurniture collections. We deliver them direct to your door fully assembled or with minimal assembly required. In most cases, we'll even deliver your furniture to the room of your choice and remove the packaging, so all you need to do is fill them!
- Easy assembly
- A bit of time spent by you could save you a packet. Easy assembly furniture costs us less to produce, store and transport, so we pass these savings onto you with lower prices. All of our easy-to-assemble furniture comes with clear, step-by-step instructions which make putting them together easy.
If you have a small room or a box room, then it's worth considering space-saving solutions like overbed units, wardrobes with sliding doors and corner units to maximise every inch of space.
The inside of a wardrobe is just as important as how it looks on the outside. We include pictures of the insides of most of our wardrobes on our web pages. You'll find that many have handy storage features like boxes and shoe storage to maximise your space. You'll find a list of the wardrobes internal features within the product description.
Some of our bedroom furniture includes glass. All our glass has passed the British Safety Standards BS6202 and is tempered so that it's much stronger glass.
- A luxurious and wonderfully soft-to-the-touch fabric that adds a cosy feel to any room.
- Natural cotton is a soft-touch option with a superb depth of colour and detail.
- Faux Leather
- Both affordable and ethical - it gives you the luxurious look of leather for a fraction of the cost, and without using animal products.
- Faux Suede
- It looks and feels just like real suede, but only the price tells you that it isn't. And it's free from animal products too.
We have a huge range of kids' bedroom furniture, from fun designs for little ones, to cool chill-out zones for teenagers.
Whether you choose easy-assembly or ready assembled, we only offer you quality furniture using quality materials that are built to last.
- Solid wood furniture
- The most luxurious of all our furniture. Solid wood furniture shows the natural beauty of wood with its grain, knots and variations of colour that can change over time, to give your furniture its unique characteristics and look.
- Wood veneer furniture
- Wood veneer furniture looks similar to solid wood, but costs a fraction of the price. They use thin layers of real wood to create more decorative finishes.
- Wood-effect finish furniture
- This material has all the look of solid or veneer wood but for a fraction of the cost of the real thing. Some wood-effect finishes also have an embossed grain-effect that feel like real furniture too.
- Wood-effect furniture has some advantages over real wood too: it's easy to wipe clean, the colour and appearance is more even and it's stain-, scratch- and warp-resistan,t so it's especially ideal for younger families. A wood-effect finish is a heavyweight foil or paper veneer, which is fixed to MDF or particle board.
- Hi gloss furniture
- Hi gloss furniture has a high sheen finish and creates looks that are cool and contemporary as well as luxurious.
- Glass furniture
- Glass furniture can brighten up any room by creating a sense of space, openness and light. It's also colour neutral as you can use it with any pattern or colour no matter how many times you change your decor.
Safety first: All our glass has passed the British Safety Standards BS6206 and is tempered so that it's much stronger glass
It always makes sense to measure your space first. To visualise the size, it is a good idea to lay out newspaper to the size of your furniture so you can see how much room it takes up.
Don't forget to allow for extra room for the doors or drawers to be opened.
All our furniture is measured in centimetres. In order to assist you with your measurements, please refer to our conversion chart:
|1 inch = 2.54 centimetres||1 centimetre = 0.394 inches|
|1 foot = 30.5 centimetres||1 metre = 39.4 inches|
|1 foot = 0.305 metres||1 metre = 3.28 feet|
You should also consider any awkward angles or narrow hallways and stairwells etc. that need to be negotiated - especially if your furniture is ready assembled.
To make delivery easier, most of our furniture is delivered flat pack for easy assembly at home. To help you, we always recommend the number of people required for assembly with the instructions.
Should you envisage any delivery problems regarding access to your home, please mention these when placing your order. e.g. You live in a block of flats and the only access for large goods is via the buildings goods lift at the rear of the building.
Wax polished or hard lacquered furniture should just be dusted with a soft dry cloth.
Waxed furniture should be given a coat of beeswax a couple of times a year to keep its natural shine and lustre.
Spray polishes are convenient but always read the label: avoid those with silicones as these can build up over time and spoil the natural beauty of your furniture.
Glass should be cleaned with a glass cleaner.
Glass should be cleaned with a glass cleaner.Acrylic should be cleaned with soapy water, but don't use anything abrasive.
- Other Tips
- Natural light will mellow the colour of wood or wood veneer furniture over time so, where possible, you may want to keep your furniture out of direct sunlight
- Wood is a natural product, so whilst it can cope with most temperatures, it is best to avoid having radiators, fires or other sources of heat next to your furniture.
- A lack of moisture or humidity caused by central heating or air conditioning can cause solid wood to warp
Keep Your Furniture Bump Proof!
Accidents are bound to happen - so if you bump your new wooden table with the vacuum cleaner, Furniture Insurance could ensure it gets repaired or replaced - so you can relax.
- Cover for 3 years
- Items that are accidentally damaged or structurally defective could be repaired or replaced.
- Spread the cost of the cover with your Littlewoods Shopping Account
Terms & Conditions apply. The cover exclude some situations for example; negligence or reckless use, willful abuse or misuse and wear and tear. Furniture Insurance is offered by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited. Registered Office: Integra House, Floor 2, Vicarage Road, Surrey, TW20 9JZ. Registered Number 1865673. London General Insurance Company Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Service Authority.
Creating storage space in a small room can be tricky. If floor space is limited make sure you make the most of the height available by purchasing tall items of furniture. Two wardrobes instead of a wardrobe and a chest of drawers for example, may provide a similar amount of storage space without compromising your floor space.
- SilentnightWinter Warmer Duvet (13.5 or 15 Tog)From £1.60 per weekWas from £32.00 to £52.00Now from £32.00 to £47.00Save Up To £5.00
- Plain Dye Box Pleated ValanceFrom £0.60 per weekWas from £12.00 to £22.00Now from £12.00 to £20.00Save Up To £2.00
- 3 FOR 2 HOMEWARESMicro Fleece ThrowFrom £0.60 per weekWas £25.00Now £12.00Save £13.00
- Plain Dye Slot-top Voile Panels (Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!)From £0.50 per week£10.00 to £27.00
- Chenille Spot Cushion - LargeFrom £0.90 per week£18.00
- Non-Iron Percale Extra Deep Fitted SheetFrom £0.75 per week£15.00 to £24.00
- Millennium Spot/Stripe Duvet Cover Set (Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!)From £1.20 per weekWas from £24.00 to £39.00Now from £24.00 to £35.00Save Up To £4.00
- SilentnightComfort Control Electric BlanketFrom £1.25 per week£25.00 to £35.00